You are here

UWTC Reaches 60% of Goal

Matt Grommesh with Fisher Realty adds the 60 percent block to United Way of Transylvania County’s thermometer. His wife, Saunders Grommesh, Resource Development Director for United Way, will meet one-on-one with donors and potential donors to explore partnerships to benefit the community.

United Way of Transylvania County (UWTC) has passed the 60 percent mark for 2018 pledges. That leaves 40 percent of the budgeted investments in community actions not yet committed.

“To date, we have received pledges for $331,579, which leaves us needing $178,421 to meet our goal of $510,000 in pledges. This is serious, because we don’t want to have to scale back on programs and actions that United Way funds in our county,” states Saunders Grommesh, Resource Development Director for UWTC.

“I am positive that together, we can meet ---or beat--- our pledge goal this year. I’m ready to sit and have coffee with current and future United Way team members to hear their ideas on how we can make this happen for our community,” Grommesh adds.

Donors to UWTC can contribute now, or pledge now to contribute later.

“It does help us structure our funding when we know in advance what people plan to donate during the coming year,” explains Steve Pulliam, CEO.

Recent Funding News

United Way’s board members recently announced three targeted funds available for use in the county. The annual allocations cycle opened last week, with emphasis placed on collaborative programs and early childhood programs. UWTC also funds other programs in the areas of health, education and financial stability.

The board recently created a special fund to allocate up to $50,000 toward a vehicle (or vehicles) to deliver early childhood programming to families with children ages 0-5 living in remote and under-served areas of the county.

United Way’s board also created a $100,000 matching fund to as local investment matching dollars for use in attracting funding from other sources. This fund is available to non-profits delivering early childhood programs, and is available for partial use.

About United Way

United Way Campaign contributions support local health and human service initiatives including www.VolunteerTransylvania.org community-wide volunteer opportunity listings, the 2-1-1 information and referral service, TRAIN (Transylvania Resource Access and Information Network) non-profit support, Familywize and Coast2Coast prescription discount cards, the Tiny House Initiative for Brevard, and  MyFreeTaxes.com free state and local tax preparation and filing assistance.

United Way of Transylvania County also awards nearly $300,000 annually to local health and human service non-profit programs and collaborative actions. UWTC funds programs preventing homelessness, abuse and neglect, and programs providing housing, adult day care, after-school and summer youth programs, health services, financial education and counseling, youth conflict resolution training and parenting education and support.

United Way of Transylvania County (UWTC) empowers people to improve their lives.  Specific goals are for all residents to achieve their full academic potential, maintain a financially stable household, and live a healthy lifestyle.

To volunteer or financially support the United Way of Transylvania County, call 828-883-8822, visit the office at 101 W. Jordan Street, #4 (below PNC Bank in downtown Brevard), send US Mail to PO Box 53, Brevard, NC, 28712, or visit www.unitedwaytransylvania.org  or https://www.facebook.com/UnitedwayTC.

GREAT things happen when we LIVE UNITED for our community!

##