10. You care.
- about youth development
- nurturing children
- fostering independence for older adults and those with disabilities
- providing basic needs to people in crisis
- strengthening and supporting families.
9. We hold our partner agencies – and ourselves – accountable.
- You can trust that money you contribute to UWTC will be allocated to programs at agencies that are held to the highest standards.
- Our partner agencies submit to a rigorous re-application process each year.
- This includes careful examination of their financial records, goals, programming, and work in the community.
- Dedicated and conscientious volunteers distribute the funds, ensuring that the $$$ have the greatest possible impact.
8. Your investment stays here in our Transylvania County community.
- Dues to United Way World Wide are only 1% of the amount we raise locally
- We receive benefits worth many times more than that small investment.
- Almost every penny of your donation stays right here in our area, helping to make our community an even better place to live for everyone.
7. It’s tax-deductible.
- Any donation you make to UWTC qualifies as a deduction on your personal or business taxes.
6. Any of us could benefit from our partner agencies’ services.
- Programs we funded aren’t just for the “other guy.”
- Programs are for the hungry and the homeless
- Hard-working employed people who just need a hand up to get through a tough time.
- In fact, one out of every four people living here benefits from the services of a United Way agency.
5. United Way of Transylvania County collaborates with the community.
- faith-based organizations
- local government
- the non-profit sector
- other community groups to build the infrastructure we need to proactively tackle our biggest challenges.
4. You get a lot of bang for your buck.
- Giving once to UWTC you are joining with the entire Transylvania community investing in 21 community partner agencies and the services they provide to people right here.
3. It feels good.
- When you invest in your community through UNTC you have the satisfaction and confidence of knowing that you, personally, are helping to sustain and improve the lives of your friends, neighbors, co-workers, and maybe even your own family!
2. You are part of real solutions.
- UWTC is interested in more than “band-aid solutions."
- long-term community impact comes only from forward-looking and thoughtful planning.
1. It matters.
- And that’s the bottom line.