United Way of Transylvania County Focuses on Financial Stability
United Way of Transylvania County supports programs and collaboratives that address measurable progress toward the following Financial Stability Area goals:
GOAL 1: ALL HOUSEHOLDS HAVE SUFFICIENT RESOURCES FOR BASIC NEEDS.
- Individuals will be engaged in job training for living wage jobs, including internships and on-the job training
- An information network is in place to allow program applicants and providers to effectively coordinate social service needs.
GOAL 2: ALL HOUSEHOLDS MAKE WELL-INFORMED FINANCIAL DECISIONS
- Adults have easy access to financial information/education at the time it is needed.
- Financial skills taught throughout the school system and recognized as being of primary importance to a student’s education.
- Non-school based organizations providing youth services include financial skills training as part of their programming.
GOAL 3: ALL HOUSEHOLDS HAVE ADEQUATE RESERVES (>3 months of basic needs)
- Both adults and children recognize and value the importance of saving money.
- Barriers (fees, limits, etc.) are removed and incentives (matching $’s, prizes) provided for both adults and children who can only save small amounts.