United Way of Transylvania County Focuses on Health
United Way of Transylvania County supports programs and collaboratives that address measurable progress toward the following Health Focus Area goals:
GOAL 1: ALL TRANSYLVANIA COUNTY RESIDENTS COMMIT TO A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
- Programs and incentives are in place to encourage individuals to take responsibility for their own health.
- Information/education related to a healthy lifestyle is widely available and easily accessible.
GOAL 2: ALL PATIENTS HAVE ACCESS TO APPROPRIATE HEALTH CARE
- Cost is not a factor for individuals to seek appropriate health care.
- Current health care gaps identified and filled with sustainable health care options.
- An information network is in place to allow patients and providers to effectively coordinate health care.
- A structure is in place to facilitate the provision of coordinated health care by providers.